Wednesday, November 9, 2011

life as a boat.

how does a boat steer away from rocky shores?
there's not enough room!
no vessel can do it.
but i have; i did.

this, the chant of every survivor.

it took a team to get around some blocks.
my sailor-friends hopped off their boats (even momentarily)
and helped me to move mine.
(i am forever grateful.)

many an impasse left me alone
still more gridlocks i defeated by myself
and their defeat left me more wounded than before
but closer to freedom.

and the goal is open waters.
where depths can be probed without fear.

i must admit,
my telescope (or periscope) is blurry
inexperience fogs up the glass
am i at bay?
docked?
sailing free?

i'm moving.
whether in circular patterns,
in full sail,
or merely swaying with the wind.

but this i feel,
an Anchor.

steadfast, sure, flexible, and always true.

everywhere i float,
when plunged under surface,
in all battles,
each triumph,
in stinging loss,
through torrential storm;
this violent earth makes it's mark
but

Christ remains.

No comments:

Post a Comment